Saturday, February 23, 2013

Food

Claudia and I are winding down our trip and it turns out we took in mostly food. I can't think of a better way to add more memories to remember. The food is so excellent in France. Last night we went to a seafood restaurant. A picture of my sea beam fish. The fish was stuffed with chopped tomatoes, some parsley and a lemon slice. Some potatoes, cauliflower and other vegetables. In my opinion the French just know how to do vegetables. I don't think I have ever been served a fish with a head on before, but it does make a nice presentation as long you don't look him in the eye.

Today we spent three hours eating at the restaurant of the number one award winning chief of France. He has a restaurant and bristol which are right next to each other. L'atelier de Jean-Luc Rabanel is the name of the place. I have never done anything like this before and what a experience. You could choose 7 courses for $72.00 or 13 courses for $144.00. Claudia choose the 13 courses and I the 7 courses. The bottled water was $7.00 and Claudia's drink was $22. Now the interesting thing is that there is no menu. You are just asked if there is anything that you are allergic to or don't like. It seems to us that there were so many courses that we lost count. Claudia even said at one point I hope this is all. I am going to have to put the pictures into more then one blogging date. There are too many to put on all at once. I don't want you to miss the experience as I took a picture of every dish I was served.

There are two rooms. You begin in the first one with the appetizers. I have put on the pictures of first two. A beet sitting in salty bread and sauces to dip the beet in. Then two slices of squash with little bread crumbs and salt and sauces to dip in. Then they move you to their dinning room to eat the meal. Claudia and I will be taking the train back to Paris tomorrow morning. So when I can I will put more on about this meal.











1 comment:

RhondaBuss said...

What a beautiful memory to take home. Other than being sick for a few days, I think you have had a magical trip.