I used masking tape and cut out leaves from freezer paper. I ironed onto the shirt the freezer paper leaves. Then I sprayed the shirt with 1/2 water and 1/2 bleach. Once the shirt discharged to the point that I liked the look of it I put it in peroxide and water to stop the bleach action.Pesto I had another shirt design.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
I am having a fun time experimenting with the dyeing the way Lynn Koolish does in her book Fast Fun and Easy.I used six eight ounce plastic glasses as you can see above on the cover of the book. Each piece of fabric is 1/4 of a yard. I started with brilliant blue and ended with turquoise.
The larger piece is a yard that I used all of the left over dye on and then the smaller pieces are done with imperial purple to red wine.
Much fun to see how they come out.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
This is a origami jacket using squares. I dyed the fabric with procion dyes. The front and back squares I silk screened thicken procion dye for images. Each square is quilted. Some with beads added. Some free motion also. I used covered cord to form a button hole and a decoration. I used a felted ball for a button.
I used Rami Kim's book Quilted Elegance for the idea of the quilted pattern and I really like the look it gives. I also used polished cotton and it has a nice sheen which gives the jacket a rich look. I used Rosemary Eichorn's book The Art of Fabric Collage for the idea of the covered cord. She does a nice job of explaining how to cover the cord and then ideas as to what to use it for. Some nice added details for a jacket. I have had her book for a long time and have always been going to do some of the collage work. Maybe this is a beginning.