This is a Tessuti Pattern Olga Tunic Top that I downloaded from the internet and taped together. Viktorya Allen suggested it on Facebook in the wearable art group.
This wasn't that bad to tape together as it is pretty basic. I would say that it runs small. I had to add a couple inches to the sleeves and inch and half on the sides. I shortened it a inch. It has two other views and I hope to try those as well.
I didn't have enough material to make the sleeves as long as I wanted. So this is the add on.
Adding a bias stripe around the neck really makes it pop.
I didn't have fabric to make a full pockets so had to piece that as well. Added a couple of buttons. I really like this pattern.
This was a vintage voile fabric that I had in my stash. It was only 36" wide so I had to put a steam in the front to get the width of the front of the dress. I shorten the pattern 2". I lengthen the sleeves and then was able to turn them up and sew a button at the top of the fold.
I like the ruffle in the back. I lined the dress with a white muslin. I found some old buttons that my Mother had saved and it gave it a nice detail.
I took a workshop from Sue Keys in making silk flowers. Sue Keys is a very talented artist in my PenWAG group. It was so inspiring. This is the one that I made. She had a crimping machine that she would do some of the silk ribbon with a wire edge for us.
These are some of the examples she brought along for us to get some ideas from.
Thought you might like to see what I am doing when I am not sewing. I am trying to get some things done that have been waiting for my attention. Since the rain is keeping me in some, I am looking at what to do around the house. This chair has been asking for help for two years. This is how far I have gotten. I had a dream of painting several chairs and it looks like this is the second and probably the last. I haven't painted for sometime, so some of the paints are dried up. I drew the apple house and I wanted to use it on something. I have painted it on a silk scarf so far and I am thinking I will paint it on a glass window that I can hang on my patio.
I think I mentioned that I took a class from Katherine Breene in November and really liked her style. This jacket really caught my eye.
I chose a light weight linen that will be more like a shirt then a jacket. I am thinking it will be nice for summer. Her directions for very good. I liked how she used self made bias stripes to finish all the edges. It takes some time to add these, but it really looks nice.
There is a seam down the back so it is not straight up and down. There is some curve. There is also some curve on the sides. She has a pair of pants with this pattern and I think I would like to try them too.
The pockets are just hanging and only attached at the top of each pocket.
I added squares of fabric and loops for the buttons. The sleeves are just rolled up.
I covered plastic rings with fabric and made my own buttons. The pattern is made so you can make it reversible, but I wanted to show off the contrast that I added.