I dyed a couple of silk shirts from Dharma. I like to wear these shirts under my clothes when it gets cold. Having them in different colors makes it fun when they show above my outer clothes. I have several dyed to the colors that I usually wear.
This is my first natural dyeing after attending a workshop in natural dyeing. I am using silk pieces from linings of kimonos. The one to the left is black beans with baking soda added and then put in iron for a mordant. The one on the right is Mexican beans and pods and using iron as a mordant. I like the dark grey, but the taupe I will probably dye again in something.
This is a great pattern. I really like how the neck trim goes together. Katherine is so clever to think this up. I bought the fabric from Marcy and I love the quality. It was fun thinking up the coordinations of the different fabrics. Even though the fabrics are different weights it still works well.
I brought the shoulders in 1/2 inch. I took out 1and 1/2 inches at the waist. I took out two inches in the sleeves. I brought up the neck 1 inch. I was able to get a really good fit from the tips the Tilton's gave on their craftsy workshop. This is a fun one. Give it a try.
I made this travel purse for a friend of mine. The small pocket is for credit cards and there is a zipper section for the money and on the back is a pocket for the passport. I beaded around the poppy and some on the center. My friend likes lime green, so it fit here well.