Monday, January 26, 2015

Still Going

Another bra and pants. I find once I get back into making them it is good to stick with it and get a few done. They go faster once I remember how to do them. I have another bra almost finished, but I have to wait for some more elastic to finish. I am up to six and one more and I will have a weeks worth. I will need a break and make something else soon. These are made from cotton I got from Ann St. Clair. It is nice because I have the fit down now, so I can cut them out fast.

Sunday, January 18, 2015


I am on a roll getting some lingerie made.
 For the bras I used Ann St. Clair's pattern. My friend gave me some beautiful black lace which I added to the sage green bra.
 For the underpants I used Kwik Sew 2100.

 I used some rayon jersey that was left over from one of my T-shirts and it is so soft.

This one I used some black silk 19mm charmeuse. I cut it on the bias and made it one size bigger to fit, The ruffle elastic on the legs I brought from my Paris trip. The silk feels really good on the skin. I think I will make some more in silk. I used the silk for the straps on the bras as well.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Katherine's B5994

 I really like this jacket. I did shorten it a inch. I had some beautiful vintage wool flannel, but not enough so I added some wool from a old kimono. The colors matched perfectly. The green I think would be from the 1950's.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Katherine's Vest B5891

 I really liked this vest. I shorten it a inch. I used some reversible knit fabric from Marcy. The reversible fabric made it very easy to use different sides for the pieces.
 I used some very unique medal buttons that I found at a estate sale.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Another V9057

 I got the fabric from Marcy. This is the t-shirt.
 This shows the vest over it. You can see how I ran a zipper down the front of it.

 A closeup on the pocket that I added. I got this medal piece from a friend to make a piece of jewelry and still had it left over and it worked perfect for the pocket.
This a closeup of the silk screening using discharge. I used a couple of Marcy's screens.