This was a vintage voile fabric that I had in my stash. It was only 36" wide so I had to put a steam in the front to get the width of the front of the dress. I shorten the pattern 2". I lengthen the sleeves and then was able to turn them up and sew a button at the top of the fold.
I like the ruffle in the back. I lined the dress with a white muslin. I found some old buttons that my Mother had saved and it gave it a nice detail.
I took a workshop from Sue Keys in making silk flowers. Sue Keys is a very talented artist in my PenWAG group. It was so inspiring. This is the one that I made. She had a crimping machine that she would do some of the silk ribbon with a wire edge for us.
These are some of the examples she brought along for us to get some ideas from.