Sunday, October 6, 2013

New Arrival

Very happy to add to my garden a wonderful bell. I found it at a estate sale yesterday.
The bell is made from a steel tank and the base is a disk from a plow. The bell has a very nice sound. Things are going along in the garden. The Asian pear, which was delicious, is done. We are waiting for persimmons. Should be in a couple of weeks. This will be the first year with the tree loaded. The neighbors enjoy the extra. Sometimes there is even enough to take to church to share. I have four trees to add to my planting this fall. A avocado, naval orange, valencia and a kieffer lime(the Thais use the leaves for seasoning in their foods). I have started planting my spring bulbs and fertizling my plants and trees. The grapes are mostly picked in the fields around the area now. They often are out there at night with lights to get them picked before they go bad.

1 comment:

RhondaBuss said...

Beautiful bell. I have a copper bell from Guatemala that I love. Sometimes at night when the wind is blowing I will awaken and hear the bong. so peaceful. Hope your bell brings you and your garden lots of peace.