Thursday, October 3, 2013


Here it is completed.
My friend Nancy became frustrated when this jacket didn't work out for her and I was blessed with a new jacket to finish. Even though I felt bad for her frustration and have certainly been there myself, I was happy with the gift.
 I added black piping before adding the sleeves. Top stitched in black. I had fun using my vintage buttons. The fabric was linen looking and Nancy underlined it with silk organza to give it more body. It hangs very nice.
 The pattern has ties in the back, but I added a casing and some elastic and two vintage buttons.
 You can see that the tails all around are not suppose to be straight. That is the style.
 This is the fun book that the pattern on a DVD and instructions for several different looking garments are. There are a couple more patterns that I would like to try.
Thank you Nancy for my new jacket.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You make this jacket look amazing!