Friday, January 4, 2013

A little girl's dress

Went off in the mail today to my husband's nephew and his wife.
What is it that just makes a sewers heart melt when it comes to a little girls dress? I hadn't made a small dress for quite sometime. When I heard there was a expectant new baby in the family, my heart skipped with joy. I already had the fabric and I was off to the fabric store to find a pattern. For me it had to have some hand work as that is one of my favorite things to do. Simplicity 2392 worked out just fine. I will look forward to see how our new baby looks in her new dress.

5 comments:

lisa.photos said...

Adorable! I love the embroidery too.

Mary said...

Joanie. The dress is adorable! Ofcourse I love the embroidery. Any little would look like a princess in it.

Mary said...

Joanie. The dress is adorable! Ofcourse I love the embroidery. Any little girl would look like a princess in it.

Nancy said...

Beautiful? And you know how I love little girl dresses!

Nancy said...

Aww, that should be an exclamation mark, not a question. Blaming fat fingers on an iPad.......