Saturday, January 12, 2013

Interesting Life

When I was in Minnesota and taking care of my Dad's house I felt I learned a valuable lesson. I would never do the same to my children. My goal was to come home and as soon as I recovered I was going to begin going through our house and start shedding material things. Well, I guess you better be careful what you talk with God about. A couple days ago, my husband and I went out to lunch and when we got back the toliet began to go over and there was water everywhere. Part of the carpet in two bedrooms, both bathrooms, a hallway and our living room had water on the floor. We spent four hours with a wet vacuum trying to get up what water we could.
 A lot of the house has laminate flooring and it began to absorb the water.
 Yesterday we were able to get a water restoration company out to begin the cleaning up process.
 Here is a carpet and some of the boxes of fabric that were in the closets drying out. My stash!!!
 This is what the living room looks like now.
This is the hall way. They have a very interesting way to dry out the wall. They have drilled holes in the wall and put in tubing and force hot air in. All the doors are off the doors. We have a chest in the bathroom that we have to move in order use the only working toliet. The carpets look like they can be saved. The toliet, vinyl in both bathrooms, laminate in the hallway, living room, dining room and office will be replaced. Base boards will be replaced and painted. The noise from the fans and wall drying makes it very hard to sleep. We are told by Monday morning things will be dry. So you see our lives go on. I know we all have our challenges. This is mine for now.

1 comment:

RhondaBuss said...

Oh my, what a mess. And the worst part of it all is that your fabric got wet :(
At least you have a true break coming up. Paris take me away!!!