Sunday, November 27, 2011

How to get a lot of walking in Paris

We began our day in walking to our three hour cooking class with a French Chief which turned out to be a American from Texas. There were five of us in the class and we made five desserts. They were delicious and very interesting and fun to make. We learned much.

It was about 35 minutes to walk to the cooking class. Then on the way back we got lost and it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to get back. Paris is like Las Vegas and it has a lot of night life. People were walking all over and a lot of tourists. We saw a great deal more then we had planned and our feet and legs sure hurt this morning. Although my husband decided the best way to get the legs working again is out now walking them out. I prefer a nice hot bath.
This is a flower shop, which there are many and I had to get some tulips to enjoy while here.
We are getting the hang of life here and during our walk we picked up some green beans, olives, milk, and bread. People here stop at the bakery and get their bread and then carry it and eat off the top of the long loaf on their way. When we got lost I just tore off a piece of bread every so often and I was good. We have used a taxi a couple of times to get somewhere, but tonight I think we will take our local bus and see where it goes. Need to save my legs for a day at least.

No comments: