Thursday, November 24, 2011

Celebrating Thanksgiving


This the apartment across from our apartment.This our balcony.
This what you see when you look down our street.
This the chocolate store that I went into and got a candy bar with fruit fillings in each section.
We are still having trouble with the time change, so we didn't make it out until four this afternoon. We needed a rest day. We went out and checked out the area. I found a cheese shop and got a couple pieces and a few slices of hard salami to have with some bread we got yesterday. We also go some butter and it is the best I have ever eaten. There are many shops down a street very close to where we are. There also is a super market. I got some wine yesterday and just got the grocery store brand and it delicious. They are beginning to decorate with Christmas lights on some streets. Very pretty.

We decided this is Thanksgiving Day and we had to go out and have a nice dinner. I have read that turkeys are very expensive, so they do not have them much here. The owner of the apartment told us of a place he recommended for us to eat, so we tried it. My husband had beef with onions on top and french fries and I had veal with mushroom sauce and noodles, one carrot and one broccoli. For dessert I had Creme Brulee. The best ever. Their sauces are great too.

No comments: