Thursday, December 5, 2013

Vogue 8817

 Just finished Kathrine Tilton's t-shirt pattern. Really like it. I will make it again. I watched Katherine and Marcy's t-shirt Craftsy workshop and learned many tips. I used rayon jersey from Emma One Sock Online Fabrics. I have never sewn with this fabric before and love the soft feel of it. It is a little hard to sew with as it rows and thin. I would sew with it again though. I don't know what I was thinking but I got into all kinds of problems with matching stripes. The side seams were impossible to match. It has a princess line front and back, which I really like, but I should not have picked strips to make this shirt. I love the back insert at the neck upper back. I used mesh on the sleeves and back piece. It makes the shirt very fashionable, but not warm. I am leaving tomorrow to see my family in Minnesota and was thinking I would take this shirt. The temperatures will probably be below 0. So I had to rethink what I was taking.
We are dealing with freezing temperatures here as well. We have had to cover our new trees and move many potted plants to a covered area. I have about 50 potted plants that I use through out the garden to decorate, so this was so easy task.

Will be back in ten days. Maybe I will have some snow pictures to put on while in Minnesota.
Have a creative day.

No comments: