Made this coat from some upholstery fabric that I had from a long time ago. It worked out prefect for this coat. The collar around the back of the neck is a little different as it comes out with some of a ruffle. I used three of my polymer clay buttons that I had made sometime ago.
The coat had a opening in the center back, but I didn't see that the back was not cut on a fold so I put the openings on each side instead.
I used the larger size so that I would have enough room to wear something under the coat. This book has some interesting patterns which are included in the book. I am looking forward to trying a couple more in the future.