Monday, January 28, 2019

Jackets and Pants

 Absolutely love this pattern. It is drafted so well. Enjoyed being able to order the zipper and all the snaps from Closet Case as a kit. I have never done the snaps before and they came out really well.
 I used some cotton home deco fabric that I had over dyed some time ago and it looks very nice. The sleeves, collar and pockets is one fabric and the front and back is another. The over dying made the fabrics coordinate well.
 I made this for a light weight jacket that will work for my future trip to South Africa. I call it my elephant hunting jacket.
 I will make another one of these jackets again.
 This jacket I used a heavy linen and a stretch cotton. I lined it with silk.

Because I am short, you can see that I had to cut some off of the bottom. I made should of balanced out the black panels a little more.

 I love this pattern too. The detail was fun. It is very well drafted.
 I used a cotton stretch terry knit and it is so comfortable.

The detail on the back of the legs asked for interfacing and I didn't realize that the facing would show when you cut the slits. I would have used black interfacing.

No comments: