Saturday, September 15, 2018

Picasso Top & Pants

 I hand dyed this raw silk and made these pants and really like them. I am going to try another pair and put long pockets on the side of the legs.


 The shirt is designed to be big. Next time I make it I will add a inch at the end of the sleeve. It isn't roomy enough for me to pull the sleeve up where I would like it to set on my bicep.
 I will add a inch on each side of the neck curve as it is too big for me. You can see the bra straps sometimes.
I decided to handle the neck curve with the binding done by hand with the back and front separate. Other wise the end of the curve at the shoulder stick up and won't lay down properly. I used a 1 1/4 inch binding. Really like this top and will make another one.

I made the shirt out of organic cotton and it is so soft. The fabric is from Birch Fabrics and you can get it on line.

1 comment:

Carol in Denver said...

I've been wondering what the Picasso shirt would look like in prints; thank you for having the courage to do more than wonder. Your version is creative but not too "out there." Also appreciate your tips on the neckline and binding it.