Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Diane Ericsson's New Jacket Pattern

 This a very fun jacket to make. I had some wedding silk satin which I dyed black. Amazing how with black you never know what color you will get. I liked the blue look. I also didn't iron the silk so it has a wrinkled look. When I went to the Outside the Lines Retreat with Diane, she had several examples made up. A vest and one out of a man's wool jacket. One was totally hand sewn. Stenciling ideas. Certainly enough to inspire the brain.
 Has attractive cuffs which I did in a complimentary fabric.
 I used perile cotton #5 to hand stitch the tucks.
 Diane's stenciled bug.
 Love the collar. I added a facing which included the collar, so the fabric would be the same as the outside fabric.
Added a little piece of stenciled fabric and a vintage button. This has a hidden pocket on one side. There are oppositional ties inside. I would like to try a vest next.

No comments: