Sunday, August 26, 2012

Creative Kids

 My husband and I went up to spend a week with my grandchildren in Santa Cruz. They live on a wonderful ranch where their Dad works. My grandson is eight and my granddaughter is ten. Both of their parents work, so we went up to help out. We called it kid week. I taught them how to sew, knit and cook. Every day the children made their own lunches and we took off to a interesting place to eat. It often had trees to climb or a beach to find many rocks or a creek to walk in. We drove down to the apple orchard and picked apples and made apple crisp with the recipe my granddaughter found on the internet. We had dinner ready for their parents when they got home. What a fun time we all had.
Here are their placemats that they made.

1 comment:

RhondaBuss said...

What a great grandmother you are. May I come along next time?!!