The purse is sewn out of hand dyed fabric with procion dye. The lining fabric is some commercial batik fabric.
The beaded button was made by a friend of mine.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I have been experimenting with different types of silk content scarfs. This one was stonewash crepe de chin 16mm and I really liked the texture of it and how it took the dyes.I laid a cheese cloth stripe across the scarf to see if it would show the mesh of the weave. It didn't, but it held the dyes and made a very dark dye in that spot. I liked the look of it.
I put some salt in some places and nuts and washers. I got some rust effect and images as you can see. I used perwinkle, navy blue, gray acid dyes.
Then at the bottom of the scarf I used a stencil and with shiva sticks.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
This was a fun experiment. I have been having fun filling some of my time with knitting socks. Knitpicks.com has what they call sock blanks that are knitted with a machine. You dye them with acid dyes and then you unravel the yarn. There are two strands so you can knit two socks at the same time. It will be interesting to see how the socks come out.